Want Your Kids To Be Safe, Fit, Healthy And Happy? Sora Martial Arts Can Help!
Being a kid is challenging in so many ways. Keeping fit, staying safe, learning to use your growing strength in a good way, being successful at school and making good choices: it’s a juggling act that would be difficult for an adult, never mind a small person. How can you “bully proof your child”, and help them be confident, happy, healthy and safe?
Thankfully, we can help. As parents it is our job to give kids the skills they need to grow up and take on the world in the best way – and, there is no better way to prepare a child for the world than The Martial Arts.
Our sensei, Andrew Sora, is a father of three. As a dojo we are built upon the participation of children, and the training we provide can help them in many ways:
- Help Prevent Bullying. Training in the martial arts gives children the strength and confidence to defend against bullying, or against becoming a bully themselves.
- Protect Against Peer Pressure. Physical and mental strength will empower children to be leaders rather than followers. The confidence the martial arts brings can help them make the right choices about the influences that surround them.
- Real World Self-Defence.We can prepare young men and young women for the unexpected. The young women who come to us are taught how to keep themselves safe when they start dating, bringing much-needed peace of mind both to their families.
- Improved Focus. We all want our children to gain self-discipline, but convincing them of the need for it can be challenging. With the martial arts, it will develop almost painlessly. The focus they learn teaching new techniques will help them in all facets of their life – at work and at play.
- Reduced Stress.Your child will learn, focus, relax and even meditate with us! The stress reduction provided by practicing martial arts with others will help to make them healthier and happier.
Real World Self-Defence
Too many times we’ve have seen students (including black belts) from other dojos come to us with a lot of learning, but no real ability to defend themselves if the worst happens.
We do not teach students only to succeed against other practitioners. We do not hand out belts too quickly for too little, and we do not teach students only to handle opponents of their own size. Everything we teach them will be something that they can use, in the real world, if the worst happens.
There are no guarantess when it come to self-defence, of course. We cannot guarantee that your children will be safe. But, we can guarantee that the children who come to us and study with us will be happier, healthier, stronger and more able to deal with the challenges of every day life.